What is Fantasy Sports?
I'm sure you have heard of Fantasy Sports, but do you really know what it is or how it works? It began as a fun game played between friends and has evolved into a multi-billion dollar business that actually has an affect on real, live sports.
The sports fan chooses real players to form a team in a selection process or "Draft". The actual game is played and the players' performances are measured and combined to determine which fantasy team did the best.
Originally the sports teams were tracked over the same period as the actual league but now the period can be a week or even a day. This short-term playing period has caused explosive growth in this industry which is bringing in over 18 billion dollars annually.
The sports companies pay out over 90% of the revenue received to attract their players. Over 56 million people played fantasy sports last year in North America. Approximately 1 in 5 adult men as well as 1 in 10 adult women play fantasy sports.
Fantasy sports leagues have expanded to include football - baseball - basketball - PGA golf - NASCAR - and even MMA
How it Works
- You can legally bet and win real money
- You draft players up to a salary cap
- You can play in as little as a 1 day period
- Your draft does not depend on any others drafts
- Your team may be the same as others
- You are paid shortly after the period ends
- Check the guides, rules, and regulations